With Application as Service you can create and manage system services locally or on any remote computer. You can run any application as service remotely in the other system and manage it easily. Multiple remote locations can be managed at the same time. Application as Service lets you run an application under a specified user account, launch programs before user logon (monitoring tools, surveillance utilities, etc), and even in front of the Windows Logon screen. The application can be started automatically or manually.
The Application as Service core is a command-line driven application. The GUI is a front-end to console application which helps you grasp the large number of options and simplifies the whole process of installing and launching your application as service. However, if you find it more useful and convenient to use command line, Application as Service will help you generate command line options to automate managing your services and applications.
Full features list:
- Run any application (32/64-bit and console ones) as Windows service
- Create and manage native system services in few clicks
- Easily connect to remote PC over local network or Internet and manage all remote services like your own
- Run application before users login into their accounts
- Run your application interactively (visible to users) or silently
- Schedule your service to run at the exact time and periodically on the defined day of the week/month/year
- Minimize downtime by auto-restarting application once it is crashed
- Advanced service dependencies mechanism allows you to run applications at the certain order
- Define Load Order Group which your application belongs to
- Restrict/grant your application with execution rights by specifying user account name under which it is run
- On-the-fly service start-up type customization
- Gracefully close console and Windows applications
- Close various popup windows that your application might display
- Specify the process priority for your application (Real time/High/Above normal/Normal/Below normal/Low)
- Define CPU binding for multi-processor PCs
- Conveniently supply additional options and system environment variables for console and Windows applications
- Run additional programs prior to the service startup, program start, stop or just after the service shutdown
- Redirect STDIN, STDOUT and STDERROR streams to or from the file for console application
- Specify desktop on which you would like your application to run as service
- Take all benefits of multi-processor, multi-thread and 64-bit platforms
- Works under Virtual Machines (VMWare and so on)
- Use XML configuration file to install the service
We tried Application as Service, and found it easy to use and quite reliable. The product is compatible with all versions of the Windows OS, either 32 or 64-bit.
Application as Service offers advanced recovery options (restart the service your application is started by; restart computer; launch supplementary application), sophisticated dependencies mechanism, pre-service/post-service application start-up, your application rights/priority management, "application-crash" protection, graceful console application exit, on-the-fly start-up customization and lots more.
The product installs easily, and a single license is only $79.95. You can also download a free trial which is fully functional but limited to 14 days of use. Recommended! Check out more here.
Note: by special arrangement with Eltima, our forum contest winners for June, July and August 2009 will each receive a FREE LICENSE of Application As Service!