We tried CryptoLicensing and it does everything the vendor claims, plus more. This
could be one of the most full-featured licensing components in the marketplace,
and at $149 for the standard version, it could save you thousands of dollars
in development costs, whether you need to create timed trial or evaluation licenses,
feature-specific licenses, or any combination.
CryptoLicensing offers a good balance of:
- Military-strength security: Secure and unbreakable cryptographic licenses offer maximum protection to your software.
- Ease of deployment: Fast, reliable, light-weight and simple API to integrate in your software.
- Customer friendliness: Easy on your customers. Hassle-free activation and hardware locking scheme.
- Functionality: Variety of licensing rules for the most common licensing scenarios.
- Create cryptographic licenses for full versions of your software.
- Create evaluation or trial versions.
- Add online or manual activation and hardware locking.
- On-demand licenses.
- Subscription licenses.
The product offers flexibility and is adaptable to suit your exact needs. It even
creates a custom license service based on your inputs! All you do is deploy the
Latest cryptographic technologies used for license generation and validation which provides the highest security and
copy-protection to your software.
Support for hardware-locked and activated licenses.
Support for floating licenses.
Every license code is guaranteed to be unique, even if you generate thousands of codes at a time.
Ready-to-use license server for
Here are some screen shots of the UI:
You can see that there are a number of features that allow you to create custom licensing
schemes, deploy a licensing service, and more. The product offers the following
Support for evaluation licenses with various evaluation parameters such as
- Activating licenses
- Validating serials
- Issuing on-demand licenses
- Creating software subscriptions
- Remote monitoring of software usage
- Revoking licenses.
Support for up to 31 license features which allow enabling/disabling specific functionality in your software. A common
use of this is to define 'editions' of your software such as a 'Standard', 'Professional'
and 'Enterprise' edition.
Support for Winforms, WPF and Asp.Net control and component licensing with separate design-time and run-time licenses.
Support for embedding any amount of additional user-data in the license.
Supports licensing of .Net Compact Framework applications developed for Pocket PC 2003 and above, Windows Mobile, Windows CE and Smartphones.
- Absolute date/time after which the license expires.
- Maximum usage days
- Maximum unique usage days
- Maximum executions
- Maximum run-time
- Maximum cumulative run-time
The Generator offers these features:
Simple and easy-to-use user interface.
Generate up to 30,000 licenses at a time.
Set up license settings profiles to quickly generate licenses for that settings profile.
Specify custom user-data via 'Data Fields' such as Name, Email, Company Name, etc.
Export license and serial codes to file.
Powerful post-generation processing support.
Plugin support allows you to perform your own processing or tasks whenever licenses are
User data plugins allow you to enter your own user-data using your own UI or specify your own source
- Insert licenses in a specified template.
- Save generated licenses to a file in a specified format/template.
- Run external programs when a license is generated.
Finally, in the Enterprise version, you have a Generator API:
Generate license/serial codes via code.
Specify license features and capabilities via code and generate licenses/serials
with those settings.
Simple and easy-to-use, yet powerful API.
Achieve any level of customization and integration in your license generation, sales/e-commerce and order-fulfillment process
We like CryptoLicensing. Instead of spending thousands of dollars in development
time, for a couple of hundred dollars you can have a full-featured, extensible
license generator and service. LogicNP Software, the creator of the product,
has a Fortune 500 clientele.
You can find out more about CryptoLicensing here.