I had the same issue when my employer disabled the move between the mailbox & .pst archive I had. I am a mainframer, so I did not understand the technicalities of implementing this restriction. This is what I heard:
- They set up a group policy in Active directory level and using logon scripts, they pushed this policy in our local desktops.
After a bit of research & googling I found this to work:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\PST
- Right-click PstDisableGrow, and then click Modify.
- If the Value data box, is 1 --> This will PREVENT moving from mailbox to .pst
- If the Value data box, is 0 or the key PstDisableGrow does not exist (if you have it in your case rename this key to something else), and then click OK. This will ALLOW moving from mailbox to .pst
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Restart Outlook.
This should work. I tried mine and it works.
<version> --> Could be 10.0, 11.0, 12.0 or 14.0 depending upon your outlook version. Mine is Outlook 2010 so it was 14.0.
Check and let me know if it works.