This problem occurs if the Help and Support service is disabled. If the Help and Support Center is unnecessary in an environment, an administrator may disable the Help and Support service as a security best practice.Go to My Computer, Right click, click on manage
* New window opens
* In left look for Services, click to open
* In right go down to Windows Installer
* Double click
* In drop down bar make the Service Automatic, close
* In right pane of window click on Start to start this service.
* Windows Installer is now started & will work when you need it to