I am doing it like this. Just try it in your scenario and let me know
1. Create a new table in your database called TableOfContents.
Create three fields in this table:
· Grouper (String data type)(Ensure this field is at least as large as your longest group field value)
· Page (Number data type)
· DateTime (DateTime data type)
2. Assign rights to write to, delete, and update this table to any users
of this report. The TableOfContents table will be updated as the report
3. On a grouped report (for this example the report is grouped on the
ProductName field), in the 'Insert' menu, click 'Subreport'.
Name this subreport 'Table Of Contents'.
Connect this subreport to the new TableOfContents table and insert the
TableOfContents.Grouper and TableOfContents.Page fields in the Details
Sort this subreport by the TableOfContents.Page field.
4. Insert the 'Table of Contents' subreport in the Report Header section.
5. Right-click the gray area to the left of the Report Footer, and then click 'Insert Section Below'.
There will now be 'Report Footer a' (RFa) and 'Report Footer b' (RFb).
6. In the Main report, on the 'Insert' menu, click 'Subreport'.
Name this subreport 'UpdateTOC'.
In the 'Database Expert' dialog box, browse to your Table of Contents data source, then double-click 'Add Command'.
The 'Add Command to Report' dialog box will appear.