1. Make sure your database engine is configured to accept remote connections
2. Check the SQL Server service account
3. If you are using a named SQL Server instance, make sure you are using that instance name in your connection strings in your AS web P.NET application
4. You may need to create an exception on the firewall for the SQL Server instance and port you are using
5. If you are using a named SQL Server instance, make sure you are using that instance name in your connection strings
6. Check SQLBrowser; check that it is running. You may also need to create an exception in your firewall for SQLBrowser.
7. Check that you have connectivity to the SQL Server. Note what you are using to connect: machine name, domain name or IP address? Use this when checking connectivity. For example if you are using myserver