You can do all DML (Select, Insert, Update, Delete) action using SharePoint Designer with out writing a code.
Follow the steps.
1) Open SharePoint Designer 2007
2) Open the required site and select the list where you want to show the data.
3) Doubleclick the view name (e.g. AllItems.aspx)
4) Click on the view then from Menu -> Insert -> SharePoint Controls -> Data View
5) In the 'Data Source Library' window select 'Database Connections' -> 'Connect to a database'
6) Follow the Wizard, click save and the data is returned to the view.
It will work for you.
Microsoft guide for db connections: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointdesigner/HA101009081033.aspx