I believe you are not the only one who has problems when trying to deploy Crystal Report for VS 2010. Based on the error message you had, have you checked:
1. Please make sure you just have one CR version installed on your system. If you do have other CR version installed, consider to uninstall it so that your application is not "confused" about the CR version.
2. You need to make sure you download the correct CR version. Since you are using VS 2010, you need to refer to http:// downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0_1.zip (for 64 bit machine) or http:// downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_redist_install_32bit_13_0_1.zip (for 32 bit machine). These two are the redistributable packages. You can download full package from the below link as well via http:// downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_13_0_1.exe
3. Make sure you setup FULL TRUST permission on your root folder
4. The LOCAL SERVICE permission must be setup on your application pool
5. Make sure the aspnet_client folder exists on your root folder.
If you can make sure all the 5 points above, your Crystal Report should work without any fuss.
Another important thing to not down here is that if you host your Crystal Report with a shared host, you need to check it with them of whether they really support Crystal Report. If you still have problems, you can switch to http://www.asphostcentral.com/, who provides Crystal Report support.